Traffic Watch :: What Can You Do?
What Can You Do?
Reporting Dangerous Driving
Citizen Report Forms are available from the local police station and the Community Watch website and countless Road Watch drop boxes throughout Ontario. A Citizen Report Form may be used any time you observe an act of aggressive driving. Please ensure that you include as much of the requested information as possible, especially the license plate information. Your name, address and telephone number must be included on in the report. All information is kept in strict confidence.
You may do any of the following:
- fill in the form online, save it, and email the form to the OPP;
- fill in the form online, print it, and FAX or drop it off at the police station; or
- print the form, fill it out, and FAX or drop it off at the police station.
By following the procedures of the Citizen Report Form, your report will receive the attention required. Your report will be addressed by the police, as follows:
- First time offenders will receive a letter from the police, warning them that a complaint has been lodged against them and that this information will be kept on file;
- A second offence will merit a second letter or a telephone call from the police, depending on the severity of the incident;
- A subsequent offence will result in a personal visit from the police and possible charges.
Please remember that if the incident is of an urgent nature, call the police immediately.